Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
Some of the specific activities of ORSP include:
- Supervision of the grants approval and submission process for faculty and staff
- Administration of the internal research funding program and sabbatical program
- Coordination of research-related policies, including the following: animal subjects; human subjects; research misconduct; patents; conflict of interests
- Administration, in conjunction with the Registrar's Office, of the Faculty/Student Research Program (FSRP)
- Publication of the Grants Flyer (quarterly), subscription to The Grant Advisor (available monthly on-line through your campus computer) and publication of Faculty Scholarly Achievements Book (annually)
Topic-specific workshops and classroom presentations for various departments and disciplines on such matters as funding source search techniques, grant writing skills, special programs of such agencies as the National Science Foundation (NSF), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH). The ORSP staff is always open to workshop topic suggestions.
In general, faculty or staff will want to contact ORSP when they:
- Are interested in sources of external funding for research or have a grant proposal to submit or,
- Want to know about the University's policies related to research matters.