IRB Training Program
Completion of IRB-approved training is required of all persons conducting research with Human Subjects at, or in conjunction with, the University of Scranton. If you have completed training at another institution, contact Tabbi Miller-Scandle, Director of ORSP, IMBM 200.
CITI - This online training program is offered to the University of Scranton
community through a contract with the CITI (Collaborative IRB Training Initiative) program. Click here to read about the CITI program. University personnel and students have unlimited access, so we encourage Faculty Members to use this online training for Research Methods Classes.
Training consists of a number of modules which are grouped for your ease in selecting the correct track for your research:
Group 1 - Social & Behavioral Research
Group 2 - Biomedical Research
Group 3 - IRB members, DRB members & IRB Administrator (Faculty/Staff only
Note: It is not necessary to complete all of the modules in one session. The CITI system retains your information and you can access it at any time. Just be sure to remember your USERNAME and PASSWORD.
A quiz follows each module. You must attain an overall score of at least 80%. When you have completed the entire training, please print out your completion report. An e-mail of your completion will also automatically be sent directly to the IRB Administrator.
Click here to start your training. Once you have accessed the CITI website, follow these steps:
- Click on New Users Register Here..
- Locate the University of Scranton in the pull-down menu under Participating Institutions and click Submit.
- Follow the instructions to set up your username and PIN, be sure to remember this login information. Click Submit.
- Enter information requested and Submit.
- Enter asterisk (*) fields only and Submit.
- Select your group and Submit. If unsure, contact ORSP.
- Answer as appropriate and Submit.
- On the Learner's Menu Page, click on Grade Book link (in red) to begin and follow the instructions.
- Funding Sources
- Proposal Preparation
- Grant Proposal Information
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Education
- Undergraduate Research
- Faculty Grant Writing Initiatives
- Internal Funding
- Faculty Research Committee
- Research Seminar Series
- Contact ORSP
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510