The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE) and the Weinberg Memorial Library (WML) have TechCon student work study positions available.
TechCons (technology consultants) are highly skilled student workers who are technology savvy, self-driven, reliable, and able to work independently as well as in a team environment. They work approximately ten to twelve hours each week, with flexible scheduling, and gain valuable real-world experience and training.
TechCons support the CTLE's work in fostering student learning, faculty enrichment, instructional design, and the use of technology. CTLE Techcons:
- Work directly with faculty and students on a wide range of projects.
- Provide technical support to faculty and students on the use of ANGEL.
- Edit and encode audio/video projects for online use.
- Design web sites using a Content Management System.
- Develop enhanced presentations.
- Research and present emerging technologies.
- Are knowledgeable about web design and multimedia software.
TechCons support Systems operations in the Library and report to the Associate Dean of the Library and the Library Systems Coordinator. WML Techcons:
- Trouble shoot UniPrint problems including freeing jams and reporting error messages.
- Assists with maintenance and trouble shooting of staff computers, printers and software.
- Trouble shoot problems with Royal Guest.
- Performs weekly check on all laptops and workstations in the Library.
- Assist Library Systems staff in developing web pages for Library departments.
- Create content for emerging technology applications such as digital signage.
- Scan documents.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, word-processing and photocopying as necessary.
- Maintain the inventory of toner for Library equipment.
Apply online – UIS, Student Services Tab, CTLE Menu, Technical Consultant Employment Application - and indicate (in the last field of the form) which position you are interested in.