The University of Scranton Police Department is an armed, full-service police department with jurisdiction on campus and its surrounding neighborhoods, patrolling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The University Police Department is located on the first floor of the Parking Pavilion, 820 Mulberry St.
For emergency calls from campus phone, dial 7777. From a cell or land line, dial 570-941-7777.
Campus Non- Emergency
Campus phones call 7888. Non campus phones call 570-941-7888.
Emergency Desk Reference
The Emergency Desk Reference Document contains recommended protocol for fires, evacuations and campus threats. All University employees should be familiar with this information. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the content of this document, or wish to speak to someone about a specific protocol, please contact the University of Scranton Police Department at 7888 or email email@example.com.
In the event of severe inclement weather, please check local tv/radio stations. Snow Day Information can be found online. If you have submitted your cell phone number to the University's notification system, you will receive either a phone call or a text message notifying you when classes are delayed or canceled.
Further Your Education
The Undergraduate Catalog is developed and maintained by Enrollment Management & External Affairs. For further assistance, call 570-941-7900
The Academic Calendar is developed and maintained by the Registrar and contains links to the special term calendars. For further assistance, call 570-941-7721
All scheduling and reservations for campus classrooms are managed by the Office of the Registrar and a Classroom Reservation Form will need to be completed.
If your interested in developing a new course, please read the Curriculum Review Process. Most New Course Required Forms can be found on this page. For further assistance, call 570-941-7520
Outlook Support and Capabilities
Information Technology Services (IT) offers training as well as IT Resources and Training Documents. Visit the web page for the class schedule and registration information. For further assistance, call the Technology Support Center at 570-941-6185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
If you are setting up your phone for the first time or updating existing information, VoIP Telephone Service can assist.
Royal Bboard is an electronic Bulletin Board available for staff to post work related and personal announcements.
Royal News is a weekly online newsletter that comes out every Wednesday. If you're a member of a department or organization on campus, you can submit an announcement. If you need further assistance, email email@example.com.
Content Management System (CMS)
CMS is a collection of tools designed to allow departments and offices to update their websites. IT provides training and holds monthly meetings to share updates and assist with any issues a user may encounter.
Human Resources has several links that are very useful for employees. Many of your employment questions can be answered here. We've listed some of the commonly requested information below. Expand the drop down menus on the left side of the Human Resources page for additional information.
- Benefits are designed to promote and sustain the health and wellness of employees and their families.
- Wellness Program - Offers educational and fitness classes and programs throughout the year. Contact The Center for Health Education and Wellness (CHEW) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4253 for more information.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Allow full-time employees the opportunity to set aside money on a pre-tax basis for expenses not covered under existing benefit programs.
- Mission and Community Service Leave - The University encourages employees to live out service for others. This policy allows staff to voluntarily participate, with pay, in University sponsored spiritual retreats, and approved mission or community service related activities that occur during regularly scheduled work hours.
- Time Away From Work - The University provides a variety of benefits allowing for time away from work. Employee status, length of service and nature of the situation will determine the type of leave and pay status.
- Employment and Employee Relations
- Staff and Administrator Handbook - login using your my.scranton address is required.
- Appearance/Dress Policy
- Employment Opportunities - Vacancies throughout the University are listed here.
- Performance Management - The goals and principles are provided as well as the Performance Appraisal Form found by clicking Planning and Appraisal Document.
- Forms - Many commonly used forms can be found here including W-4, alternate work schedule, direct deposit, mission leave, and much more.
The Employee Tab on my.scranton.edu portal has additional information and useful links.
- Employee Tab
- Employee Directory - In the Directory section, click Faculty/Staff Directory.
- Department Directory - In the Directory section, click Faculty/Staff Directory then click the link on the top of the page.
- Check your current vacation/sick/personal time balance - In the Payroll Information section, click Staff Leave Balances.
- Log Vacation Time
- Exempt Staff - In the Payroll Information section, click Staff Time Sheet.
Non Exempt staff fill out a paper timecard, have it signed by your supervisor and submit to the Payroll office, St. Thomas, Room 108, by noon on Friday.
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) - Find a list of IT Resources and Training Documents by selecting the 'book' icon in the top right of the portal. These documents will assist with daily applications and software capabilities such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and many others. For further assistance, call the Technology Support Center at 570-941-6185 or email email@example.com.
The Office of Equity and Diversity (OED) mission is to build an inclusive community to service in an increasing diverse world. OED offers many training programs such as Faculty and Administrator Search Training, Legal and Illegal Interviewing Practices and much more.
Work Study Student Request - To request students work in your department, please contact the Student Employment Administrative Assistant in the Financial Aid office at 570-941-4107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Safety Incident Report - This form is provided to report any health and/or safety incidents witnessed on campus involving any students, employees or community members that are not an emergency situation.
Parking - Policies and maps can be found on the University Police Department web page. Use the drop down next to parking services.
Bus Services - The University of Scranton has contracted with County of Lackawanna Transit System (COLTS) to give employees and students access to all 30 routes for free with their Royal Card.
Staff Senate is part of the University governance system to provide a forum for open communication between staff, administration, faculty, students and the University community. Browse this page for upcoming events, senate business, spirit award winners and much more.
This can help you plan your event from A to Z
Alcohol at Events
If alcohol is going to be served at an event that students will attend, an Alcohol Registration form must be obtained, completed, signed by the appropriate Vice President and reviewed with the University Director of Public Safety of approval.
ARAMARK has exclusive rights to all food service on campus including catering.
To Book Royal Ambassadors- Royal Ambassadors are students who can help your organization in greeting and seating guests as well as providing tours of campus. To request assistance from the Royal Ambassadors for an event or tour, please complete the form. If additional services are requested, they are subject to approval from the Royal Ambassadors’ Coordinator.
Petty Cash Vouchers
A form is available at the Bursar’s window of the Treasurer's Office, St. Thomas 201. It can be used to reimburse employees in cash for personal funds used to make allowable department purchases totaling less than $50. For more help: Treasurer’s Office, 941-7411, St. Thomas 201