Role of the Banner Coordinator
The role of the Banner Coordinator involves the following activities:
- Serves as liaison between his/her department personnel and the PIR Division, specifically IT Development and Applications, Database / Operations, and Systems.
- Reviews current uses of Banner in his/her department. Maintains knowledge of location and content of Banner documentation for selected Banner modules
- Reviews new features of each Banner upgrade and coordinates with his/her department manager to decide if any new features can/should be utilized. Communicates decision to IT Development & Applications.
- Implements and documents standards for data being entered into Banner.
- Tests mission critical applications in a timely manner after a new upgrade has been applied in the Banner TEST environment. Notifies IT Development and Applications of any issues immediately upon discovering them.
- Maintains documentation on the Banner-related processes or procedures used by the University community, specific to his/her department. Makes special note of any processes that affect other departments. Assures procedures provide data protection.
- Communicates any new procedures or changes to existing procedures to end-users.
- Maintains an understanding of the database tables that support the uses of Banner in his/her department, as well as how the tables are related and how they interface with other Banner modules.
- Assures reliable data collection processes and archives data on standard cycles
- Implements backup and recovery procedures that protect data integrity
- Uses Argos reporting tool to provide information/data/reports to end-users.
- Is the primary contact when security must be defined and assigned to end-users.
- Reviews Footprints requests for data, as well as new/modified software enhancements, data processing or report modifications. Fulfills such requests when able. If not able to fulfill, reassigns in Footprints to PIR department(s) as appropriate.
- May serve on Data and Technology Coordinator Group, Information Management Advisory Committee, or other Banner-related committees.
- Responsible for the dissemination of information from PABUG, Summit, and Conferences / Visits that pertain to Banner.