Committee On The Status Of Women
To support the University's "dedication to the personal development fundamental to the growth in wisdom and integrity of all who share its life", and to meet the challenge of General Congregation 34 of the Society of Jesus "to listen carefully and courageously to the experience[s] of women" and to work in solidarity with "women in the struggle for a more just relationship between women and men", the Committee promotes and pursues equitable and just treatment for women and all members of the University community.
The CSW seeks to accomplish this mission by:
- Raising awareness through communication with the University community regarding behaviors, actions, issues, policies, and procedures that impact the status of women;
- Communicating and collaborating with other committees and organizations to provide support, advocacy, and information regarding women's issues;
- Assisting the administration in identifying the concerns of women at the University that need study, and recommending ways to address the concerns of women at the University to the appropriate administrative offices
Brief HistoryIn 1981, the Committee on the Status of Women was established by Rev. William J. Byron, S.J., President of the University of Scranton, in order to examine the status of women in various areas of university life. The Committee welcomes individuals and groups within the university community to bring issues that concern our mission to our attention.
Spring 2021 meetings will be conducted via Zoom . The first segment of each meeting is open to anyone in the University of Scranton Community. Please enter the meeting by way of the my.scranton.edu portal.
Zoom ID: 927 1049 6420
- Monday, February 15, 2021 at 3pm
- Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 11:30am
- Monday, April 26, 2021 at 3pm
- Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 1:30pm - This meeting will include an open discussion about “Feminism as Leadership at The University of Scranton."