File Storage Solutions
RoyalDrive, our enterprise file storage system, will be retired at the end of 2018. It will be replaced with file storage solutions that provides our campus with secure file storage, mobile access and content sharing.
Your storage options and file migration process is outlined below. The process employs a gradual adoption of the new systems in an effort to limit the amount of disruption in day-to-day operations.
The information on this page currently only pertains to members of the Division of Information Technology.
IT offers you several methods for storing and sharing files. Deciding which solution to use depends on the sensitivity of the content, as well as who will need access to it and from where. We recommend you review and delete files you no longer need to reduce the file transfer times. The options are:
This is the only storage solution for restricted data. Files on Network Shares cannot be shared and can only be accessed on our campus (unless you use a remote solution).
Please note: All sharing privileges are terminated when your files move over to Network Shares, even if you had pre-set sharing capabilities setup in RoyalDrive (such as tickets).
Where do you find Network Shares?
- For PC users, if you navigate to your File Explorer, and click on This PC, you will notice that you now have access to an H: drive. Review instructions for migrating your files to Network Share for PC.
- Mac users will need to map to this drive. Review instructions for migrating your files to Network Share for Mac OS.
OneDrive for Business
Files are easily accessible from anywhere on all types of devices. It is a sharing and collaborative tool. You may already have this installed on your computer.
- Review instructions for migrating your files to OneDrive for PC.
- Review instructions for migrating your files to OneDrive for Mac OS.
This solution is only available to full-time faculty as a two-year pilot. Files are easily accessible from anywhere on all types of devices. It is a sharing and collaborative tool.
Where do you find Dropbox? All full-time faculty can access this storage in the my.scranton portal, on the Faculty tab.
Department and group folders will be migrated by those responsible for those folders.If you are responsible with the migration of department or groups folders, please consider the following:
- Attend an informational session in order to receive IT assistance (see Important Resources tab)
- Reviewing and deleting files you no longer need is preferred before meeting with IT and will reduce the file transfer times
- If your department is sharing restricted data, your folders need to be moved to Network Shares Groups (G:).
Review instructions for migrating department or group files to Network Shares Groups for PC.
Review instructions for migrating department or group files to Network Shares Groups for Mac OS.
- If your department does not share any restricted data, you may decide to move your information to either Network Shares Groups (G:) or Group Drive for additional mobility features.
Review instructions for migrating department or group files to Group Files for PC.
Review instructions for migrating department or group files to Group Files for Mac OS.
- Network Shares, OneDrive and Dropbox are available for personal file storage.
- Network Shares Groups and Group Files are available for department/group storage.
- Migration Informational Session 1 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. in AMH 103 Cancelled
- Migration Informational Session 2 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in AMH 103
- RoyalDrive Migration tab goes live in the my.scranton portal to request IT to move files to Network Shares
- RoyalDrive Migration tab goes live in the my.scranton portal to request help in moving department/group folders
- Migration Informational Session 3 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. in AMH 103
- Migration Informational Session 4 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in AMH 103
- Migration Informational Session 5 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. in AMH 103
- RoyalDrive becomes read-only for IT areas
- Migration survey is launched
As we migrate our campus to new storage systems, IT has made various essential resources available to you.
We welcome you to join our informational session to learn more about the storage solutions, types of data, migration process and a tutorial on OneDrive. No additional sessions are scheduled at this time.
OneDrive for Business cloud training sessions will be scheduled soon. Please contact Julie Brackeva-Phillips at email@example.com for more information.
Instructions for migrating your personal files:
- RoyalDrive to Network Share for PC.
- RoyalDrive to Network Share for Mac OS.
- RoyalDrive to OneDrive for PC.
- RoyalDrive to OneDrive for Mac OS.
- RoyalDrive to Dropbox for PC.
- RoyalDrive to Dropbox for Mac OS.
Instructions for migrating your department/group files:
- RoyalDrive to Network Shares Groups for PC.
- RoyalDrive to Network Shares Groups for Mac OS.
- RoyalDrive to Group Files for PC.
- RoyalDrive to Group Files for Mac OS.
Basic Use Instructions
- OneDrive - Video Training Videos
- Dropbox - Demo
- Dropbox - Adding Files
- Dropbox - Types of Folder
- Dropbox - Shared Links