The Reverend J. Barry McGannon, S.J., Award
The Reverend J. Barry McGannon, S.J., Award, created in 1994, is the highest honor JAA can bestow on one of its colleagues. The purpose of the award is to recognize individuals who have made a significant long-term commitment to Jesuit higher education and the advancement profession through service to their institution or other Jesuit institutions and organizations.
JAA is pleased to announce that the 2017 McGannon Award will be presented to the Rev. Timothy R. Lannon, S.J. Father Lannon is currently the Assistant to the Provincial for Formation for the Upper Midwest Province of the Society of Jesus. In his role, Father Lannon oversees the academic and spiritual well-being of more than 100 men who are Jesuit Brothers or those preparing for Ordination as Jesuit Priests.
Father Lannon entered the Jesuits in 1977. He holds two master's degrees from the Weston School of Theology (now Boston College School of Theology and Ministry); a doctorate in administration, planning and social policy from the Graduate School of Education at Harvard University; and a professional diploma from Fordham University.
Since his ordination in 1986, Father Lannon has held numerous leadership positions, including president of Creighton Preparatory School, vice president for University Advancement at Marquette University, president of Saint Joseph’s University and president of Creighton University.
Father Lannon’s commitment to service includes past and present membership on the Boards of Boston College, Santa Clara University, Marquette University, the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania, and the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, where he also served as chair.
For his consistent devotion and his lifelong investment in Jesuit higher education and university advancement, it is our honor to announce the Rev. Timothy R. Lannon, S.J., as the 2017 recipient of The Reverend J. Barry McGannon, S.J., Award.
- 1995: Rev. Barry McGannon, S.J., Saint Louis University
- 1997: Mr. Robert Sylvester, The University of Scranton
- 1999: Mr. George Difley, Fairfield University
- 2001: Mr. Joseph J. Mansfield, Loyola University New Orleans
- 2003: Dr. Michael J. Goff, Loyola College in Maryland
- 2005: Mr. David Macmillan, University of San Francisco
- 2007: Ms. Margot Stanfield, Gonzaga University
- 2009: Mr. James M. Purcell, Santa Clara University
- 2011: John J. Hurley, J.D., Canisius College
- 2013: Rev. Charles Currie, S.J., AJCU/Georgetown University
- 2015: Mr. Steve Scholer, Creighton University