17th Annual NAC&U Summer Institute
June 19-21 at the University of Scranton
17th Annual Institute Theme:
"Confronting Challenges with Creativity"
Arguably, the basic elements of a liberal arts, residential college experience and the faculty that provide it are themselves at risk. While the level of risk can be questioned, the intensity of the discussion makes it clear that the nature, purpose, and full benefits of these classic elements of higher education, as well as the efforts by the facutly and by other university staff needed to accomplish these ends, must be more clearly articulated. This is a significant task that requires the united efforts of all involved. To further this end, we will gather this June as the consortium of New American Colleges and Universities.
Goals for the Summer Institute 2013
- Further the goals of the Teagle project by
- Developing holistic department models;
- Improving the recognition and evaluation of faculty workload;
- Articulating and expanding the NAC&U emphasis on integrating professional studies and liberal arts.
- Provide the opportunity for NAC&U faculty to make inter-consortium acquaintances for the sake of shared insight and research.
- Explore questions involving student evaluation, assessment of competency based pedagogies, and effective campus leadership.
- Share our "best practices" and "high impact projects" that lead to effective advancement of teaching/learning, scholarship and service.
Welcome to The University of Scranton
The University of Scranton is pleased to host the 17th Annual New American Colleges and Universities Summer Instittue 2013.
We hope that you will enjoy your stay with us in beautiful Northeastern Pennsylvania. Guest accommodations are being arranged for your stay on campus at Montrone Hall which is one of our newest residence halls constructed in 2012.
About The University of Scranton:
Founded in 1888, The University of Scranton is a private Catholic and Jesuit university that is known for outstanding academic quality, a beautiful and technology-rich campus, and a strong sense of community. Nestled in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Northeast region, The University’s 58-acre hillside campus is in the heart of Scranton.
Learn More about The University of Scranton
Learn More about the Scranton, Pennsylvania, Region
For questions regarding your registration or guest accommodations, please contact Dr. Harold Baillie (email@example.com) or Peggy Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 570-941-7520.
For information regarding The New American Colleges & Universities, NAC&U, please visit their website.