Barbara K. Buxton, PhD, PMH-CNS, RN
- B.S.N., Albright College, 1983
- M.S.N., Wilkes University, 2002
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2010
- Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, Board Certified
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- Therapeutic Relationships
Dr. Buxton has been a psychiatric mental health nurse since graduation as a nurse. She has worked in many different settings caring for those with mental health issues, i.e. inpatient, crisis, outpatient, older adult, adolescents, eating disorders, and chronic illness. Dr. Buxton has taught mental health nursing for 11 years at the University of Scranton, and is also involved in teaching the Fundamentals of Nursing. I love teaching and find that I am able to share my passion for nursing with students effectively. Dr. Buxton is a nurse practitioner and treats patients in the area with a variety of mental illnesses.
She enjoys spending time with my family and friends, camping, walking, and reading.
- Program Purpose and Outcomes
- Faculty and Staff
Department of Nursing
The University of Scranton
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4595