Health Administration: International Partnerships & Study Abroad
Study Abroad Trips
Since 1995, the Department and MHA Program have developed international partnerships in Central and Eastern Europe, Asia, and East Africa.
- International faculty
giveguest lectures in classes, and students are encouraged to expand their global awareness and life experiences with other cultures.
- Specific coursework offers additional opportunities for students to study and engage in international activities.
- The MHA program provides graduate students with the option of taking a 3 credit elective course, HAD 517: Global Health Management, a 10-day study abroad experience.
- Eastern Europe trip runs twice annually in late May and in early October.
- Brazil or Uganda trips run once in January during intersession.
2020 Trip to Uganda
2020 Trip to Brazil
In January 2020, five MHA students, accompanied by nine students from Geisinger and three professors, went on a 10-day study abroad trip to Brazil. The group toured
2019 Trip to Slovakia
At the end of September, four MHA students traveled to The Slovak Republic for an educational trip on European Health Systems. Dr. Dan West and Dr. Steve Szydlowski led the trip, hosted by Dr. Vladimir Krcmery. Students had the opportunity to present research to multiple audiences at St.Elizabeth University. Students had the privilege of touring Misericordia Hospital, attending academic presentations, meeting the State Secretary of The Ministry of Health, and touring other healthcare facilities. They also toured historical sites in five countries.
See the Slovakia 2017 Trip Highlights
- Health Administration
- Human Resources
- Faculty and Staff
- Student Resources
- Study Abroad
- Service Learning
- Health Administration & Human Resources
- 4th Floor McGurrin Hall
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: 570-941-4350
Health Administration Links
- MHA Program Statistics
- Student ACHE
- Health Administration Society
- Residencies and Internships
- Health Administration Alumni
- EPAHEN -Health Executive Network
- HFMA -Healthcare Financial Management