Eta Sigma Gamma
2019-20 ESG Initiates and Officers Sitting R to L- Allison Nargi, Christina Motz, Lauren Buscarino, and Kevin Gibbons. Standing R to L- Gabriella Maoli, Kayla Kincel, Constantina Nicoles, Amanda Horner, Megan Loomie, Vincent Nguyen, and Faculty Adviser, Dr. Debra Fetherman
Epsilon Eta Chapter
Eta Sigma Gamma is the National Health Education Honor Society. Student leaders work together to promote health through academic achievement, research, and community based service and advocacy. Through our efforts, we integrate these elements in recognizing academic and professional excellence in the field of health education, promotion, and ultimately establishing excellence through our service to others.
"The promotion of the discipline by elevating the standards, ideals, competence, and ethics of professional prepared men and women in Health Education"
The objectives of this chapter of Eta Sigma Gamma are:
- To assimilate and recognize research, community based learning, and academic achievement within its membership.
- To advocate for Health Education/Health Promotion for all peoples.
- To promote professional growth and leadership within the Health Education/Promotion field.
- To elevate professional standards and ethics of the discipline.
- To assist in the professional preparation of Health Education/Promotion students at the University of Scranton.
Why Join Eta Sigma Gamma?
- Help build your resume to make you more marketable for employment.
- Associate with professional health educator/promoters.
- Meet future and current health education/promotion professionals.
- Develop professional skills in teaching, education, and research.
- Gain experience in the field of health promotion.
- Membership is open to all junior and senior Community Health Education / Health Promotion majors.
- Must have completed at least 2 semesters in the major.
- Minimum overall grade point average of 3.0.
- Grade point average of at least a 3.2 in the major.
- Applications for membership will be accepted in the fall semester of each academic year.
- Initiation into the chapter will take place in the spring semester of the academic year of application.
- Fee is $50.00.
- Applications can be obtained from Dr. Fetherman.
ESG SCHOLARSHIP KEY AWARD Local Epsilon Eta Chapter Award Awarded to the Senior with the highest overall GPA Senior 2019 Recipient, Kelly Ann Reilly
NCHEC/ESG UNDERGRADUATE MAJOR OF THE YEAR National Award, nominated by Faculty Advisor Awarded to the Undergraduate Major at SOPHE National Conference 2019 Recipient, Sinead O'Brien
Contact: Faculty Sponsor, Dr. Debra Fetherman at firstname.lastname@example.org