- Bishop, C., Boyle, D.M., Carpenter, B.W. and Hermanson, D.R. 2015. Transitioning into Academia: A New Pathway for Practitioners. Journal of Accountancy. March 2016.
- Boyle D, Carpenter B, Hermanson D, Mero N. 2015. Examining the perceptions of professionally oriented accounting faculty. Journal Of Accounting Education, March 2015;33 (1):1-15.
- Boyle, D. M., Carpenter, B. W., & Hermanson, D. R. 2015. The Accounting Faculty Shortage: Causes and Contemporary Solutions. Accounting Horizons, 29(2), 245-264.
- Boyle, D.M., Carpenter, B.W., and Hermanson, D. 2013. Transitioning from Practice to Academia: Examining the Interest and Perceptions of Practitioners. Management Accounting Quarterly, Fall 2013.
- Boyle, D.M., Carpenter, B.W., Hermanson, D. R. and Mensah, M. 2013. The Accounting Doctorate Shortage: Opportunities for Practitioners (Cover). Strategic Finance, May 2013.
- Boyle, D.M., Carpenter, B.W., and Hermanson, D. R., Mensah, M. 2012. Understanding the Accounting Faculty Shortage: Perceptions of Practitioners. Institute of Management Accountants C-Suite Report, Summer, 1-14.
- Boyle, D.M., Hermanson, D.R. and Mensah, M. 2011. Addressing the Accounting and Auditing Faculty Shortage: Practitioners’ Perceptions of Academia. Current Issues in Auditing, 5(1), 70-85.
Program has been approved by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Vien, C.L. 2015). Research Spotlight: Stemming the Faculty Shortage with Flexible Doctoral Programs. Extra Credit. AICPA Newsletter for Accounting Educators. Interview of Boyle, D. M., Carpenter, B. W. and Hermanson, D. R..
- Vien, C.L. 2016. Do You Have What It Takes to Be Accounting Department Chair? Extra Credit. AICPA Newsletter for Accounting Educators. Interview of Boyle, D. M.
- One of accounting faculty members served on the Non-Traditional Doctoral Education Task Force of the Pathways Commission (a joint initiative of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the American Accounting Association). This task force published "An Examination of Non-Traditional Doctorial Education."