Nationally Recognized Programs and Faculty
The DBA program faculty are scholarly academics as defined by the AACSB and have been awarded state and national recognition in the areas of research and teaching. The national reputation and award-winning scholarship and teaching of our Accounting Department and its faculty well
- U.S. News and World Report National “Top 20 Accounting Programs” Ranking for undergraduate accounting programs.
- Best Choice Schools No. 1 in the National Ranking among in the “20 Best Online Schools for Accounting Master’s 2016-2017,” for online master accounting programs.
- Three of our faculty being awarded the PICPA Educator of The Year Award (which is tied for the most of any academic institution in the State of PA) demonstrating our commitment to student outcomes.
- Four of our faculty having been awarded Lybrand Research Medals and Certificates during each of the past 3 years (which is the most for any academic institution in the Nation) including the Gold Medal in 2016.
- A member of our faculty was selected to
serviceon the Doctoral Education Task Force of the Pathways Commission (a joint initiative of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the American Accounting Association).
- The accounting faculty teaching in the program
havesignificant experience in practice serving in senior roles in auditing, accounting, finance, operations, and general management.
- Several of our faculty have themselves transitioned from senior roles in practice into successful careers in academia. This uniquely positions them to provide valuable guidance and mentoring to ensure the success of our DBA students.
- Our accounting faculty
arerecognized experts in doctoral programs for experienced professionals with seven co-authored peer review manuscripts published on the topic and two related interviews.