Administration Certification without a Master's Degree
PLEASE NOTE: This program is not currently accepting applications.
This program has been designed to engage in coursework that is entirely online. The real world experiences that you will gain will be through your practicum courses, which will also require a site visit by a University of Scranton supervisor. Site visits by University supervisors must be competed prior to students completing their program.
Program Specific Admission Requirements
You must hold a bachelor’s degree in order to take graduate-level courses at The University of Scranton.
Additional Required Materials to Apply as an Administration Certification-Only Student
- Three letters of reference from former professors, school or district administrative staff, fellow teachers and/or others you’ve worked with in a professional capacity. One of these letters must be from an administrator or supervisor.
- 1-2 page resume
- Copy of teaching credential (Private or parochial school teachers who do not hold a valid teaching certificate may submit a letter of confirmation from their school or district administrator.)
- Signed and dated program plan
For general application requirements, click here.
Online Course Requirements 27 credits
- ECUI 506 - Curriculum Theory and Development
- EADM 501 - Educational Administration
- EADM 506 - Problems in School Administration and Supervision
- EADM 511 - School Finance
- EADM 516 - School Law
- EADM 521 - Principal as Administrator
- EADM 526 - Principles & Practices of Supervision
- EADM 531 - Practicum in Elementary School Administration
- EADM 536 - Practicum in Secondary School Administration