Master of Arts in Theology
More Than a Masters Degree
The Master of Arts in Theology program at The University of Scranton is designed to provide rigorous, advanced study of theological topics, both historical and contemporary in nature.
With an emphasis on small-group discussion and the reading of primary texts, this program creates the context for serious discussion and study by both faculty and students.
Graduate Theology students can specialize in Eastern Christian Studies or Biblical Studies by taking 15 credits of electives in either area of concentration. Students choosing not to specialize may tailor elective courses to their own interests.The ONLY Graduate Theology program of its kind in the region:
- Internationally recognized faculty
- Intellectually rigorous environment
- Study abroad opportunities
- Affordable tuition
- Fosters academic, professional and personal development
- Focus on social justice, empowerment, advocacy and leadership
- Development of clients to their full potential
- Emphasis on appreciation of diversity