Join Us for a Virtual Info Session
We are holding a virtual information session that will provide you with the opportunity to meet with faculty from the Theology Department as well as staff from the Office of Graduate & International Admissions. You will learn the application and admission process and speak with faculty on the academic details of your program.
Tuesday, April 28 at 4:00pmWe hope you can join us! We look forward to helping you discover all the opportunities The University of Scranton has to offer for your continued educational success.
More Than a Masters Degree
The Master of Arts in Theology program at The University of Scranton is designed to provide rigorous, advanced study of theological topics, both historical and contemporary in nature.
With an emphasis on small-group discussion and the reading of primary texts, this program creates the context for serious discussion and study by both faculty and students.
Graduate Theology students can specialize in Eastern Christian Studies or Biblical Studies by taking 15 credits of electives in either area of concentration. Students choosing not to specialize may tailor elective courses to their own interests.
- U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” has ranked The University of Scranton among the 10 top master's universities in the North for 26 consecutive years.
- Fosters academic, professional and personal development.
- Focus on social justice, empowerment, advocacy and leadership
- Development of clients to their full potential
- Emphasis on appreciation of diversity.