Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA)
Results, Reputation and Ethics Drive Our Education
Scranton's Doctorate of Business Adminstration (DBA) is a rigorous research degree aimed at providing experienced professionals with the advanced skills and credentials required to serve and succeed in full-time, tenure track faculty positions at accredited institutions.
The AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) named Scranton's DBA program among best practices in “Innovations and Best Practices in Canada, Latin America and the United States.”
Just 43 colleges from the two continents were included in this publication that recognizes the “impactful ways” AACSB member schools are redefining business education.
National reputation, award-winning scholarship, and our distinguished faculty position our DBA students for success.
A Degree in Demand
Our extensive peer-reviewed published research and the research of The Pathways Commission show an urgent market need to provide more doctoral programs that enable experienced accounting professionals to transition into academic careers and thus mitigate the current faculty shortage crisis and enhance the practice-relevant educational transformation of business students.
Admissions guidelines for the DBA program are as follows:
- Normally, 5-10 years of meaningful practice experience.
- A master’s degree in business with a minimum 3.5 grade-point average.
- Normally, a recognized professional accounting certification (i.e. Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner).
- Submission of a Statement of Interest.
- Three Professional References.
- Research Proposal (This proposal and instructions will be required after your initial application is reviewed)
Get started by requesting information using the form on this page!