Excellence in academic and professional competencies. Jesuit values. Successful outcomes.
You’ll find all of this – and more – when you choose The University of Scranton for your Master of Science in counseling degree. Our dedicated faculty will work alongside you as you pursue a higher level of education through our nationally accredited programs.
At Scranton our faculty has a wide range of experience and expertise. They seek to train counseling and human services professionals who are self-reflective practitioners, competent care-givers, and community leaders.
They prepare students for work in a variety of settings as counseling and human services professionals who situate their work in cultural, family and community contexts.
Why Choose Scranton?
- We offer three distinct, nationally accredited programs:
- Clinical mental health counseling
- Rehabilitation counseling
- School counseling
- At $757 per credit, the tuition cost for our counseling programs is among the most competitive in PA and for regionally accredited universities
- Our Counselor Training Center provides facilities that
- utilize skills taught and practiced in the classroom
- help students find and experience theoretical practices
- allow students to witness the healing power of the therapeutic process
- provide opportunities for dynamic learning and supervision
“I am most grateful to my professors who have shaped me, challenged me, and provided me with the opportunity not only to grow as a professional but to find out who I really am.”
– Safia Abulaila, 2015
Filling A Growing Need
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook, faster than average growth will occur through at least 2024 in the fields of rehabilitation counseling, clinical mental health, marital and/or family difficulties alcoholism, drug abuse and aging.
- Our students consistently exceed the national average score on qualifying counselor examinations.
- The average full-time employment rate for graduates of the counseling programs is 97%.