Student Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes shared by all FYS courses
While the subject content of the many different courses gathered under the umbrella of the First Year Seminar will differ, each class will address the following four objectives for student learning.
At the completion of the FYS, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate critical thinking and reading skills.
2. Contribute to intellectual discussions.
3. Articulate components of the Ignatian identity and mission of The University of Scranton.
4. Demonstrate knowledge and competencies necessary to acclimate to the intellectual and functional life of the university.
- All About the FYS
- Requirements and Key Components
- Information for Incoming Students
- Information for Participating Students
- Information for Faculty
- Calendar of Events