Medical Parking Exceptions
The University of Scranton is an urban campus with limited parking available. However, sufficient parking is available to meet the demands of our students, faculty, and staff including individuals with disabilities.
Faculty, staff, and students with physical disabilities may apply at the Parking Services Office for a handicapped parking sticker. Appropriate documentation may be required in accordance with guidelines of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Parking spaces are reserved exclusively for those persons whose vehicles bear a University of Scranton handicapped permit or visitors whose vehicles bear a permit, placard, or special license plate issued by state or federal authority. These spaces are marked with blue and white handicapped signs.
See the Campus Parking Map for handicap spots on campus.
*Any parking related problems, complaints, suggestions, or compliments should be referred to the Parking Service Manager, Parking Pavilion, 820 Mulberry Street, Scranton PA 18510.
First Year and Sophomore Resident Students are not permitted to bring a vehicle to The University of Scranton or to have access to a vehicle within the City of Scranton limits, however a student may request a Medical Exception to The University of Scranton parking policy.
1. Students requesting a medical exception to the parking policy will be required to complete a Verification Form for Students with Disabilities and a Request for Medical Parking Exception Form so medical information may be obtained from your health care provider.
- Documentation should be current and consist of an evaluation by an appropriate physician or health care provider that describes the current functional impact of the condition or disability as it relates to the accommodation requested.
- The physician/health care provider cannot be a family member.
- The University of Scranton reserves the right to request additional documentation if the information does not address the student’s current level of functioning, or substantiate the need for modifications or accommodations.
2. The completed verification form and request for a medical parking accommodation should be sent to:
Fax: (570) 941-4154
Mail: The University of Scranton
Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE)
800 Linden St.
Scranton, PA 18510
3.The ADA Committee will review the information received from your health care provider and decide to grant or deny the accommodation. If your medical parking exception request is approved by the ADA Committee, you will be notified by email of their decision.
4. If the ADA Committee approves the exception for the semester, students will then be required to complete the necessary paperwork and pay the fee for the semester through Parking Services. At this time, students will be given instructions by the CTLE on how to contact Catherine Sanderson in Parking Services to finalize the process.
- Student Services
- Faculty Services
- Faculty Development
- Technical services
- Library Links
- About CTLE