The Language Learning Center
The Language Learning Center is dedicated to enhancing the quality of the language learning and teaching at the University of Scranton. The LLC supports the mission of the University to educate women and men for others through its training programs and outreach activities. In addition, the Language Learning Center serves the promotion of justice through its extensive community service such as translating documents, visiting local schools, and providing free language and ESL tutoring to community members.
Location and Hours of Operation
Location: O'Hara Hall 306
Monday - Thursday: 9 A.M. - 10 P.M.
Friday: 9 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Sunday: 6 P.M. - 9 P.M.
Services Available at the Language Learning Center
The Language Learning Center offers the following services for free to University students:
Tutoring and Conversation Hours
- Scheduled tutoring in Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese, and more
- To improve your language proficiency, meet with a tutor once or twice weekly to review class materials, work on homework, practice listening or speaking, etc.
- To apply, complete this form and return it to Hannah Jackson
- Tutors available for drop-in tutoring in Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese, and more
- Stop by the LLC during its hours of operation for drop-in tutoring in the world languages
- Weekly conversation hours
- Every week, LLC tutors lead weekly conversation hours in Spanish, French, and Italian
- Practice your listening and speaking skills one-on-one with fluent speakers--no sign up required
- For more information about this semester's conversation hours, see here
World Language Resources
- English as a Second Language tutoring for members of the Scranton community
- Fill out this form and return it to Hannah Jackson
Director, Language Learning Center
308 O'Hara Hall
- Minors and Concentrations
- Faculty and Staff
- Language Learning Center
- Study Abroad
- News and Events
- Internships and Experiential Learning
- Ambassador Newsletter
- World Languages and Cultures Handbook
- World Languages in University Catalog