Christian Krokus, PhD
Christian Krokus, Ph.D. is an associate professor of the Theology/Religious Studies department at the University of Scranton. He studied at Lafayette College and Boston College, and currently, he coordinates the annual meeting for Jesuits and faculty members at Jesuit universities who work on interreligious dialogue.
- TRS 122J Introduction to Christian Theology (SJLA)
- TRS 243 Christ & Qur'an
- TRS 245 Islam
- TRS 284 Love & Knowledge
- TRS 327 Spiritual Classics
- TRS 510 Salvation Outside the Church?
- Christian-Muslim comparative theology
- Sufism (Islamic mysticism)
- Salesian, Ignatian, Carmelite Spiritualities
- Louis Massignon (1883-1962)
- Bernard Lonergan, SJ (1904-84)
- Francis de Sales (1567-1622)
- The Theology of Louis Massignon: Islam, Christ, and the Church. Washington, D.C.: The Catholic University of America Press, 2017.
- “The Darkness Is Not Death: Toward a Christian-Muslim Comparative Theological Study of the Seven Sleepers of Ephesus,” Spiritus: A Journal of Christian Spirituality 17.1 (2017): 40-59.
- “Interreligious Friendship: The Church and Islam,” Grace and Friendship: Theological Essays in Honor of Frederick Lawrence. Milwaukee: Marquette University Press, 2016: 52-64.
- “Louis Massignon: Vatican II and Beyond,” Logos: A Journal of Eastern Christian Studies 55.3-4 (2014): 433-450.
- “Teaching Comparative Theology from a Jesuit Perspective,” Teaching Theology and Religion 17:4 (2014): 376-379.
- “Further Reflections on What It Means to Live Jesus (Vive Jesus!) According to St. Francis de Sales,” Salesian Scholars Seminar at Stella Niagara, NY (October 2018).
- “In praise of Naïveté: Louis Massignon, Paolo Dall’Oglio, and Abraham in Christian-Muslim Understanding,” Abrahamic Religions: Between Scholarship and Practice at Harvard Center for the Study of World Religions (September 2018).
- “Lonergan, Sufism, and the Law of the Cross,” Catholic Theological Society of America (Lonergan Consultation) at Indianapolis, IN (June 2018).