Your CAPP report

We at the University of Scranton provide you with the opportunity to build a relationship with your academic advisor for the purpose of gaining assistance in planning your educational career, in learning the skills needed for academic success, and learning how to access the variety of resources and services available at the University of Scranton. You are assigned a faculty advisor beginning your sophomore year; the faculty advisors can help, encourage, and guide you to define and develop realistic goals and educational/career plans.

However, as a student it is important that you take charge of your own education. Remember, one of our goals here at the University is to give you the skills and motivation to take charge of your educational, professional, and personal development.  Advising is an educational process that, by intention and design, facilitates your understanding of the purpose and meaning of higher education, and fosters your intellectual and personal development towards academic success and lifelong learning.
Remember that advisors give "advice", which you may or may not choose to follow. Advisors will not and cannot force you to do anything.

A valuable resource for helping you is the University's Advising Website.

What is a CAPP report?

The term "CAPP" is short for "Curriculum and Program Planning". Your CAPP report contains all requirements needed to graduate in your major, as well minors, concentrations and special programs. It lists the courses that you have taken (and your grades), the courses in progress, and the courses that you need in order to fulfill your degree requirements. The CAPP report differs for every major on campus. If you add a second major, a minor, or if you are a member of a program (SJLA, Honors, Business Leadership), the CAPP report will reflect your different course requirements.

Your CAPP report is useful for tracking your academic progress. Every time you take/complete a course, it should appear in your CAPP report in the appropriate area. Each It is to your advantage to understand the report so that you can plan your academic career and keep on track to graduate on time. Your advisors can help you if you are having trouble.

How to keep track of your own academic record via WebCAPP:

The University has introduced a new resource called the WebCAPP. You can now access your CAPP report on-line!

Here's how:

  1. Log in to My Scranton
  2. Once you are logged in, go to the "Self Service" link (the one that links you UIS)
  3. Go to the "Student Services and Financial Aid" Tab
  4. Click on the "Student Records" link
  5. Click on the "Degree Evaluation" link.

If this is your first visit, start with "Generate NEW", and select a semester from the drop-down box. Once you generate a report, you can view it, or view any previous reports that you generated.

In addition to viewing your current CAPP report, you can also look at what your CAPP report would look like should you add, change, or subtract a major or minor. This feature is accessed under the "What If Analysis"

The WebCAPP is an extremely useful tool, and we suggest you use it liberally!

Errors on your CAPP report:

If there are any errors in your CAPP report, or if you need to reallocate courses on your CAPP:

  • Print out a copy of your most current CAPP (you can use WebCAPP to do this) and see your academic advisor.
  • If the advisor agrees that corrections must made, he or she will circle the error, write in the correction, sign the CAPP form and forward a copy to the CAS Dean’s Office.
  • The CAS Dean’s Office staff will review the CAPP and if there is an error, the Registrar’s staff will be asked to make the correction.
  • After the correction has been made in the Registrar’s Office, the Registrar will notify the CAS Dean’s office that the correction has been made.
  • At that point, the CAS Dean’s Office staff will send a corrected copy of the CAPP to the CAS student and his or her faculty advisor. The student can also check the UIS Web CAPP to see if the error has been corrected.