Mission Statement and Learning Outcomes
The mission of the Center for Student Engagement is to be a center of excellence in providing experiential opportunities for students to learn and develop through leadership and event planning. Keeping the care of the whole person and the magis at the forefront, the Center is a resource that emphasizes a welcoming environment to support a free flow of ideas to empower and challenge students and support their development while continuing the tradition of "men and women for others".
As a result of their participation in leadership positions, programs and events in the Center for Student Engagement, students will:
- Develop effective communication skills, as evidenced by their successful use of oral and written communication methods with their peers, faculty and staff.
- Identify the concept of leadership as a learned process that one engages in to effect positive change for the betterment of others, community, and society, grounded in the values of a Jesuit education.
- Utilize problem solving and critical thinking skills, as evidenced by their ability to take initiative on projects and work independently from their peers and advisors when necessary.
- Cultivate a higher level of self awareness, as evidenced by their ability to identify their own strengths and challenges and to channel their personal talents and skills into appropriate positions and practices of student leadership.
- Master progressive leadership skills, including but not limited to budgeting, time management, programming, task delegation, conflict management and peer mentoring, as evidenced by the successful acquisition and implementation of high level student leadership roles in organizations on campus.
- About the Center
- Mission Statement and Learning Outcomes
- Our Staff
- CSE in the News
- New Student Orientation
- Fall Welcome
- Student Government
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- The Center for Student Engagement
205 DeNaples Center
The University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510