Dean of Students
The Dean of Students office is responsible for the planning, support, advocacy and coordination of various educational programs and resources for students. The office is available to all students who may have questions related to student life at The University of Scranton.
In support of the Division of Student Affairs’ Mission and The University of Scranton’s Vision, the Dean of Students office aims to:
- Create transformative and intentional learning experiences for students;
- Forge collaborative partnerships to achieve a seamless learning environment;
- Advocate on students' behalf through on- and off-campus collaborations;
- Support and empower students and families in crisis and/or challenging situations;
- Foster student leadership development through involvement, service, and reflection;
- Challenge students to understand and value difference within the contexts of local, regional, national and global communities;
- Advance students’ decision-making skills emphasizing the importance of personal responsibility for choices and actions;
- Cultivate opportunities for students to display and understand the importance of civic engagement and;
- Empower students to make smart and healthy choices for mind, body and spirit.
Dean of Students Office (in Student Affairs)
201A Patrick and Margaret DeNaples Center