Mind Body Spirit Challenge
How to Complete the Challenge:
Complete the Challenge before Oct 6th to earn a Be Happy, Be Healthy T-Shirt!
Follow these steps:
- Pick up a Mind Body Spirit (MBS) Passport outside of CHEW TDC 205K or at the Kick Off Event on September 8th, 11am-1pm TDC Patio.
- Attend 3 events (1 Mind, 1 Body, and 1 Spirit) that are part of the Challenge. Collect an official event participation sticker at each event you attend to place on your MBS Passport. Over 45 events to choose from- see the event list below.
- Please note that you must attend at least 1 event in each category (Mind, Body and Spirit) to complete the Challenge.
- Return your completed Mind Body Spirit Passport to CHEW before October 6th. The first 1,500 students to complete the Challenge will earn a Be Happy, Be Healthy T-shirt (unisex sizing)
- Students who earn a t-shirt will pick-up shirts after fall break.
Choose from over 45 Mind, Body & Spirit Events Below!
Mind Eventsplus or minus
9/11-9/12 CAS Undecided Workshop Career Development
9/13/2017 Philadelphia Networking Trip- Career Development
9/14/2017 KSOM Passport Program – How to work an Expo- Career Development
9/15/2017 Impact Leadership Retreat- Center for Student Engagement
9/15/2017 Baker Tilly, Recruiter in Residence – Career Development
9/18/2017 Confederate Monuments Put Into Context- Cross Cultural Center
9/19/2017 Resume Writing Workshop- Career Development
9/19/2017 International Students Job Search Workshop- Career Development
9/20/2017 Campus Safety Awareness Day- University Police Department
9/21/2017 Global Insights: El Salvador- Cross Cultural Center
9/21/2017 Latinos Beyond Reel- Cross Cultural Center
9/25/2017 Salam Neighbor Screening- Cross Cultural Center
9/27/2017 Safe Zone Training-Cross Cultural Center
9/27/2017 Refuse to Be a Victim- Crime Prevention Program- University Police Department
9/27/2017 Donuts with TED- Discussing Mental Health Stigma UofS Counseling Center 9/29/2017 Fall 2017 Career Expo, Byron Center- Career Development
10/2/2017 CAS Undecided Workshop- Career Development
10/3- 10/5 Free and Confidential Depression Screenings- Center for Health Education & Wellness and Graduate Counseling Dept.
Body Events plus or minus
9/8/2017 Glow & Flow Yoga Class Kick Off Event- Center for Health Education & Wellness
9/28/2017 Hispanic Heritage Dance Night- Multicultural Center
10/4/2017 S.A.F.E Training- University Police Department
Fitness Events offered daily or weekly during the Challenge:
- Attend one of CHEW's Weekly Wellness Classes - Energizing Yoga, Gentle Yoga, & Dance
- Participate in Intramurals- Campus Recreation
- Visit the Fitness Center or Byron Open Recreation: Play Basketball, Racquetball, Swimming, etc.
- Attend a Campus Recreation Group Fitness Class
- Bike Scranton- Borrow a Bike for Free at the Library (Show your Student ID at the Circulation Desk)
Spirit Eventsplus or minus
9/12 Volunteer & Service Fair- Campus Ministries CSSJ, TDC Ballroom
9/20 & 21- Donate Blood 10am-4pm Campus Ministries' CSS- Long Center
9/24 -9/27- ISP/DOP Service Trip Info Sessions- Campus Ministries- TDC 405
Sept 24 - 8:30 pm, Sep 25 - 4 pm, Sep 26 - 6 pm, Sep 27 - 12 pm
9/26 Pet Therapy 11:30 am-1 pm- Campus Ministries' CSSJ- Dionne Green (rain location: Byron)
9/29 Post Grad Service Fair during Career Expo- Campus Ministries' CSSJ- Byron Aerobics Room
Happiness Rules- 4 Levels of Happiness Fr. Rick, University Chaplain
Spiritual Events offered on a daily or weekly basis:
- CHEW's Drop-In 30 min Meditation- Monday and Tuesdays @5pm- WM Library RoomWeekly
- Sunday Mass-@11 am, 4:40 pm, 7 pm- Campus Ministriess, Madonna della Strada Chapel
- Fit & Faithful Prayer Workout- Monday and Fridays- Campus Ministries, Byron Aerobics Room
- Jum’ah Service* -Fridays- Campus Ministries Campus Mosque, 706 Taylor Ave
- *Please contact Dr. Riaz Hussain, the University Imam, if planning to attend: email@example.com, x7497
- Byzantine Catholic Divine Liturgy- 4:4pm Campus Ministries Byzantine Chapel in Ciszek Hall
- Drop-In Interfaith Prayer Room Mon-Fri 9 am-9pm- Campus Ministries CM suite, TDC 200