Grounded in gratitude, we will commit ourselves to excellence, especially in academics and student formation, for the greater glory of God and the well-being of humankind.
- We will embody an interdisciplinary and civically engaged philosophy of teaching and scholarship that inspires students to apply their knowledge to the joys and hopes, the grief and anguish of the people of our time, especially of those who are poor or afflicted.
- We will ensure the vitality of academic programs at all levels, adding new and innovative undergraduate and graduate options that are in character with our mission and responsive to the market. This includes the integration of technology and sustainability into the curriculum.
- We will establish structured approaches and programs, beginning in the first year, that will engage undergraduate students across all majors to provide a more rigorous and enriched educational experience. This includes greater attention to supporting students as they pursue prestigious fellowships and scholarships, and seek opportunities for pre-professional internships.
- We will seek out and promote opportunities for our faculty and students to engage in high quality research and scholarship that promises the opportunity to improve materially the capabilities and reputation of our institution and lead to increased resources.
- We will expand the breadth and depth of our reputation and recruitment, ensuring enrollment success and sharpening our efforts to share the Scranton story by focusing more keenly on admissions, marketing and communications, athletics, and parent and alumni engagement.
- We will continuously improve our University by assessing, reflecting, and acting in ways that are aligned with our mission and goals so that we can better demonstrate the value of a Scranton education.