We will be distinctive in the formation of students in the Ignatian tradition, emphasizing discernment, excellence and service. The individual attention we provide to students and families will be reflective of a University community that manifests respect and mutual support in keeping with our Catholic and Jesuit identity.
- We will offer a world-affirming, transformational education in the spirit of Ignatius across the breadth of our curriculum, rooted in personal attention, developed within the freshman seminar, and growing through academically rigorous programs that will include internships and mentoring opportunities born of collaboration among academic advising, career services and alumni.
- We will challenge, empower and engage our students through a community-wide commitment to offer an unparalleled learning and living experience across all years of study, preparing them to be leaders for change. Of necessity, this will demand new and stronger collaborations between academic and student affairs.
- We will integrate international study, service and research opportunities for students, faculty and staff. We will increase the diversity of our campus and expand opportunities for multicultural experiences for our community.
- We will, as a faculty, staff and administration, respect and care for each other, encouraging the individual growth and development of all members of the University community. In so doing, we will model our decision making on the method of discernment set forth by St. Ignatius.
- We will make support for mission part of our hiring practices at all levels and will provide faculty and staff, especially those who are new to our community, with opportunities to help them understand and appreciate the sacred and centuries-old work of Catholic and Jesuit education.