The Project Management Office (PMO)
The PMO guides major PIR divisional initiatives across the Infrastructure, Services, and Institutional Research departments ensuring the delivery of successful projects through effective and efficient resource utilization. The PMO will provide training and support for divisional project managers in the utilization of a standard project management (PM) methodology.
The Director of the PMO is a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI). PMI, founded in 1969, is recognized globally as the authority for the project management profession. PMI has published the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK), a best practices guide which defines the PM framework.
The establishment of a Project Portfolio brings greater focus to the priorities of the Division. The Project Portfolio is made available to everyone in the Division in order to
increase the visibility of where we are focusing our efforts,
communicate how each project contributes to the goals and mission of the University,
create a better understanding of project scope
Major divisional projects underway for 2010-11 include:
* Migration of the Enterprise Resource Planning environment from an Open VMS platform to a LINUX platform
* Implementation of Identity and Access Management through Oracle Identity Manager.
* Implementation of Active Directory
* A pilot implementation of Virtual Desktops
* Implementation of the ARGOS reporting tool
Major divisional projects nearing completion include:
* A major Data Center Renovation
* Implementation of an Enterprise Storage and Backup solution