Administrative Telephone Service
The Office of Network Resources maintains the network wiring as well as more detailed information on the voice portion of the Network. Anyone needing detailed information on administrative telephone service should direct their questions to the Technology Support Center at (570) 941-4357.
Dialing Instructions (effective September 21, 2013 - when 10 digit dialing became effective in the Scranton and 570 area code vicinity)
- University Operator: Dial 0
- Verizon Operator: Dial 9 + 0
- Frontier Long Distance Operator: Dial 9 + 0 + 0
- On-Campus Calls: Dial last four digits of phone number
- Local Calls: Dial 9 + area code 570 or 272 + seven-digit phone number
- Toll-Free Calls: Dial 9 + 1 + ten-digit toll free number
- Long Distance Within The 570 and 272 Area Code: Dial 9 + 1 + area code 570 or 272 + seven-digit phone number
- Long Distance Calls outside of 570 and 272 Area Code: Dial 9 + 1 + area code + seven-digit phone number
- International Calls: Dial 9 + 011 + country code + city code + phone number
Student Telephone Service
Telephone service is offered as an option to students in University-owned housing and apartments surrounding the campus for those who prefer a land line. For more information please contact the Technology Support Center at (570) 941-4357.
Voice Mail User Guide
- Voice Mail Access Number: (570) 941-2450
- Your mailbox number is the last 4 digits of your telephone number.
- Your voice mail temporary pin is 1111
- The first time you call the voice mail access number you will be asked to personalize your voice mailbox. You will need to choose a new pin and record your name.