Royal Guest Wireless Network
The University of Scranton's Guest Wireless Network is available in limited locations. Coverage areas include Alumni Memorial Hall/Alumni Green, Brennan Hall/Founder's Green, The DeNaples Center, Hyland Terrace, McGurrin Lobby, Rupert Mayer House, Scranton Hall, and Weinberg Memorial Library/Galvin Terrace. The network name (SSID) is "ROYALGUEST".
The guest wireless network provides a limited set of services to campus guests:
- Web browsing (ports 80 and 443 only)
- Web Based E-mail
- Instant messaging
In addition to the terms and conditions you agreed to on the previous page, University of Scranton Computing Policies govern network use, including monitoring for the maintenance of operations, and obliges users to adhere to all applicable policies and laws, including fraud and abuse of network systems and copyright infringement.
- The guest wireless network does not deliver full Internet access and is engineered to provide a limited service to guests.
- The guest wireless network is not secure -- guests should assume all use can be monitored by unauthorized parties.
- Internet access is limited to 4 hours per day.
- Users can download a maximum of 50MB per day .
- The University of Scranton reserves the right to terminate connections to the guest wireless network at any time without notification.
- Support is limited to verifying whether the guest wireless network is currently operational, which can be done by calling the Help Desk at 941-HELP.
- This service uses a pop-up window for session control and usage statistics. If you are using a pop-up blocker in your web browser (e.g. Yahoo Toolbar), please allow pop-ups from the wificontrol.net domain.
- Current members of The University of Scranton community can access full Internet services by connecting to the ROYALAIR wireless network using their university-issued e-mail username and password.
Disclaimer: The University of Scranton does not endorse views or opinions
found on pages directly or indirectly accessed from our Web site.
Need Additional Help?