Laptop ProgramAll freshmen enrolled in the Kania School of Management planning to major or complete a minor in business are required to bring a laptop that meets the minimum requirements below.
Incoming Student Laptop Requirements:
- Windows 7, or Mac OS X 10.6 or newer (English versions only)
- Intel Core2 Duo processor or higher
- 4GB RAM (memory) or higher
- 160 GB Hard Drive or higher
- DVD +/- RW
- Ethernet Network Card and Cat5 Network cable
- 802.11 b/g/n wireless card
- Microsoft Office 2010 (recommended) or Open Office
- University approved AntiVirus Program - Microsoft Security Essentials or Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition.
- Anti-Spyware software (free from Internet)
You are not required to purchase specially configured laptops, but you do need to bring a laptop that meets the minimum requirements listed above. The program is required for freshmen KSOM students, but is open to all students enrolled in KSOM, CAS, CPS, and CGCE colleges.