Campus Wireless Network
Our campus wireless network is dedicated to enabling students to effectively and efficiently utilize technology in their education. By using our Wi-Fi, you can make huge savings on your phone data plan. This free service is offered by the University for the benefit of its students. Review what areas on campus have wireless access.
Students who wish to use the wireless network must:
- Adhere to the Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Policy
- Comply with the Wireless Air Space Policy
- Review and adhere to all University Computing Policies
Students in violation of these policies are at risk of having their university computing and network privileges revoked and/or having fines imposed.
If you are currently off-campus
You may configure your computer for secure network access by following the directions available at cloudpath.scranton.edu/external/
If you are currently on our campus
Please follow the intructions below:
- Step 1: Connect your computer to the University's network. This is done via wireless (ROYALAIR)
- Step 2: Network Authentication:
- Launch a web browser - you will be redirected to a network authentication page
- If Xpress connect does not load right away follow the instructions on the page for your operating system.
- Step 3: Download Cloudpath
- If Cloudpath downloaded a file to your computer, run that file now.
- A Cloudpath window should appear with “Welcome to the University of Scranton Network”.
- Enter your Royal ID and password and click Continue.
- Step 4: You will not be able to access the network until you have authenticated through Cloudpath.
- After the wizard has completed you should see “Successfully connected” on the last step
- Click Done.
- Step 5: You should now be connected to the University Network.
- Your Computer will automatically connect to RoyalSecure.
If you have questions, we’re here to help. The Technology Support Center staff assists students with computers, network access, telephones, e-mail accounts and software. We can troubleshoot and resolve issues with both the Mac and Windows operating systems.