Lync connects people everywhere, on devices running Windows 7 and other operating systems, as part of their everyday productivity experience. Lync provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and a great meeting experience. Lync enables instant messaging (IM) and voice calling.
- Get real-time presence information—including photos, availability status, and location—and enhanced instant messaging (IM) to connect efficiently and effectively.
- Make voice calls through your computer to other Lync or Skype users on campus.
- Create, moderate, and join pre-planned and on-the-fly audio, video, and web meetings with people inside and outside your organization.
- Enhance online presentations with screen-sharing and virtual whiteboards.
- Let customers participate in your Lync conference calls even if they are not Office 365 or Lync Online customers.
Using Lync on campus is easy and convenient. Always on, you can use Lync to contact anyone on the network, even if they are in a meeting. Instant Messages just pop-up on screen when a message is delivered. Lync show your status, such as, Available, Out of the Office, Busy, Do Not Disturb, etc. People receiving messages can reply now, or delay their responses. Video messaging is also available in Lync, as long as the user has a video component on their computer.
To learn more about using Lync here on campus, click the link below:
- OIT Services
- Technology Support Center
- Argos Reports
- Mobile Devices
Division of Information Technology
Alumni Memorial Hall
The University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510