CyberSecurity and Data Privacy
Join us at DeNaples Center on Wednesday, October 22nd, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for our Student "Phishing" Contest.
You can win a set of BOSE SoundTrue Headphones.
- We'll have a table set up at DeNaples Center promoting Student CyberSecurity Day.
- There will be "phishing contest" to help make students aware of "phishing." That's the way that hackers and other bad actors try to get our personal and financial information.
- Students who participate will "phish" in our pond, using a fishing pole and land a "phish."
- Once the "phish" is caught, the student is automatically entered into a drawing for those great BOSE headphones.
- There will also be CANDY - Handouts - Goldfish
Don't forget, Wednesday, October 22nd, DeNaples Center 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. See you there!
The Internet is a powerful and useful tool, but in the same way that you shouldn't drive without buckling your seat belt or ride a bike without a helmet, you shouldn't venture online without taking some basic precautions. Cybercriminals have become quite savvy in their attempts to lure people in and get you to click on a link or open an attachment.
To increase awareness of this important event, The University of Scranton's Information Security Office has launched STOP. THINK. CONNECT., a part of the national cybersecurity education and awareness campaign. Protect yourself and help keep the web a safer place for everyone.
For important CyberSecurity tips:
For CyberSecurity National websites: