Things to think about as you plan your publication
Goals and Objectives
- Who is the target audience?
- What are the key messages you wish to communicate?
- Is this part of a larger communications initiative or is it a standalone piece?
- Is this piece tied to an event? If so, are there other print pieces that need to be considered, such as signage, posters, invitations, etc.
- Is this a new project, redesign of a previous similar publication, or update of an existing publication?
- What is the “shelf life” of this publication? (How long will it be in use?)
- Ideally, when do you wish to have a printed piece completed?
- Is there flexibility in your production timeline, or is this publication tied to something with a fixed deadline?
- How many printed pieces do you need?
Type of Publication
- What type of publication or publications best serve your goals and objectives? For example, brochure, pamphlet, newsletter, poster, etc.?
- Ideally, are you interested in a color or black and white publication?
- Is there a publication from our online portfolio that represents the design style or approach you are looking for?
- Do you have high-quality photos available? If not, several options exist:
- Stop by and look through our photo library
- Stock photography
- Custom photography. What is your budget for this?
- What are key copy points for the text? Review our online Style Guide
- If you are mailing this publication, do you have a mailing list compiled?
- Are envelopes required for mailing?
- Please bring this with you to the intake meeting.