Wireless Network: ROYALSECURE
The wireless network provides a means of accessing the Internet without connecting to a port using an Ethernet cable. You must have a wireless network adapter installed in your laptop computer to use this service.
Three campus wireless networks are available:
- ROYALGUEST: This wireless network provides a limited set of services to campus guests. Get more information about connecting to ROYALGUEST.
- ROYALAIR: Is used to connect to ROYALSECURE or to register and connect clientless devices (such as kindle and gaming devices) to a wireless network.
- ROYALSECURE: This is our campus-wide secured wireless network. It is accessible to students, faculty and staff.
- This is a secure wireless network
- Available across the entire campus
- Must use University credentials to access
- Use the University's Wi-Fi to save on your phone data plan
You must be a University student, faculty or staff to use our secure RoyalSecure wireless internet.
Everyone who wish to use the wireless network must:
- Adhere to the Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Policy
- Comply with the Wireless Air Space Policy
- Review and adhere to all University Computing Policies
Note: Unauthorized, open wireless devices are not permitted to maintain security. Do not attempt to configure a wireless access point in your dorm room. Periodically, buildings on campus are scanned for unauthorized wireless networks. If you are found operating a wireless access point, your network connection will be suspended.
Anyone in violation of these policies are at risk of having their university computing and network privileges revoked and/or having fines imposed.
ROYALSECURE is available to students, faculty and staff, 24 by 7 except for scheduled maintenance.
It is available in all campus indoor and outdoor areas.
If you are currently off-campus
You may configure your computer for secure network access by following the directions available at cloudpath.scranton.edu/external/
If you are currently on our campus
Please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Connect your computer to the University's network. This is done via wireless (ROYALAIR)
Step 2: Network Authentication:
- Launch a web browser - you will be redirected to a network authentication page
- If Xpress connect does not load right away follow the instructions on the page for your operating system.
Step 3: Download Cloudpath
- If Cloudpath downloaded a file to your computer, run that file now.
- A Cloudpath window should appear with Welcome to the University of Scranton Network.
- Enter your Royal ID and password and click Continue.
Step 4: You will not be able to access the network until you have authenticated through Cloudpath.
- After the wizard has completed you should see a successfully connected message on the last step
- Click Done.
Step 5: You should now be connected to the University Network. Your Computer will automatically connect to RoyalSecure.