Banner ERP, a product from Ellucian and available through the my.scranton portal, provides an interface to software applications needed to perform work within the administrative offices at the University.
Banner 9 Admin is a fully integrated administrative solution that supports all campus constituents. It stores data entered through online forms into a relational database. A relational database connects data stored in multiple tables to create a complete record. The specific information displayed on a specific form depends on your security level and on the context in which you are using the data.
Employee Applications is an interface to additional processes and reports that augment the Banner system. Many of the reports available through Employee Applications have been developed in Argos, which is a third party reporting tool by Evisions.
The benefit of using Banner is that all constituents can enter data in multiple areas of Banner using standard codes, yet have the access to the shared data they need in the database to do their jobs.
- If you are a new employee and need access to software applications to perform your job or are a current employee and need additional access, reference the Banner Support Contacts page to find the person to contact to obtain the necessary access. If you know the access that you need, you can enter a request for Banner Security through Footprints; follow the path of Request an IT Service, Database Systems and Data Processing, Access & Security. If you already have a bannerid, check the applications that you have been authorized to use.
- You will need to review the SANS training in order to get access to Banner.
Banner ERP is available 24/7, except for scheduled maintenance.
Access to Banner is controlled using an additional userid, referred to as a bannerid. The interfaces to the applications are divided into Banner 9 Admin and Employee Applications.
Scheduled maintenance is mostly scheduled on Saturdays, between the hours of 6 a.m. and Noon. This window can also be expanded if needed for major upgrades to Banner ERP. If you are hosting an important event that requires the Banner ERP to be available, please inform the Banner Support Contact for your department/division.
- Review training tutorials and quick guides at your own pace
- The Data Standards Manual is an important resource for anyone that uses the Banner ERP system, especially those that are responsible for the creation and maintenance of Person Records. Please reference this document for guidelines that have been developed to guide and improve the use of University data.
- Advisory committees, in particular, the Data and Technology Group which is closely related to the Banner Support Contacts to help answer questions about processing within the different areas on campus
- Ellucian provides eCommunities; a forum where you can network with other Higher Ed constituents using the Banner product.
- Visit the Ellucian Client Support website