Division of Information Technology
The Division of Information Technology leverages technology resources to enhance our students’ educational experiences. Our mission is to promote and provide technology that increases and enhances learning opportunities, not only in the classroom, but also beyond, to enrich global perspective. We promote an environment of cura personalis, where we are concerned with the development of the whole person – mind, body and spirit.
Our strength lies in our commitment to engage and collaborate with our campus community. We stay abreast of new technologies, which impacts student success and business processes. Our main objective is to understand the campus culture, and to be attentive to student, faculty and staff needs, so that we may provide direction and enhancements.
We provide technology solutions and enable business process improvements that support teaching, learning and administrative functions. We assist the University community in achieving its mission and values by being a centralized information technology resource. We deliver quality and innovative resources in a secure environment.
We are driven by our values and a shared commitment to excellence:
- We are accountable for the services we provide.
- We engage with our campus community.
- We take pride and responsibility for our work.
- We demonstrate integrity through honesty, trust and fairness.
- We maintain our technical proficiencies.
- We embrace teamwork and collaboration.
- We foster an open working environment that promotes effective information sharing.
Susan Bowen, Chief Information Officerplus or minusSusan Bowen joined The University of Scranton in 2016 as the Chief Information Officer responsible for the leadership and management of the strategic use of technology in support of the University’s mission and goals. She holds a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Arts in Business, both from The College of New Jersey. She is a graduate of the Institute of Educational Management at Harvard University and the Executive Leadership Institute sponsored by the League of Innovation.
Carl Hurst, Associate Chief Information Officerplus or minusCarl Hurst develops and coordinates comprehensive technical and operational plans that work towards the strategic direction of the University and the Division of Information Technology. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in leading IT operations and managing network and server infrastructure, network and data security, database systems, software deployment and virtual desktop systems. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Wilkes University in Pennsylvania.
Divisional Supportplus or minus
The Division of Information Technology is complimented by divisional support in the areas of project management, IT asset and vendor relations, IT budget, and administrative assistance.
Technology Support Servicesplus or minus
Services include the Technology Support Center, Training and Communications.
- Kathy Boock, Technology Support Center Analyst
- Julie Brackeva-Phillips, Manager
- Karl Johns, Technology Support Center Analyst
- Donald McCall, Technology Support Center Analyst
- Zoë Rothrock, Technology Support Center Analyst
Client Servicesplus or minus
Services include Desktop Management (Physical/Virtual), Computer Labs and Endpoint support (PC/Macintosh/VDI/Mobile).
- Shawn Beistline, Field Services Technician
- Deanna Beyrent, Manager
- Gustavo Fernandez, Client Services Analyst
- Mark Fischetti, Field Services Technician
- Diane Kennedy, Client Services Analyst
- Tom Kern, Field Services Technician
- Joe Kitcho, Field Services Technician
- Vince Merkel, Client Services Analyst
- Glen Pace, Field Services Technician
Academic and Media Servicesplus or minus
Services include Instructional Technology, Media/AV Technology, and Event Support. Staffing will collaborate with CTLE in support of teaching and learning. Additional staffing will support faculty in the classroom and event support with a 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. schedule and Saturday coverage.
- Rob Kennedy, Senior Instructional Technolgist
- Sean Lehman, Media Services Specialist
- Jason Oakey, Instructional Technolgist
- Jason Wimmer, Manager
Enterprise Application Servicesplus or minus
Services include ERP Application Support/Reporting, ERP Development Integration, and Business Process Improvements.
- Will Geiger, Application Developer/Integrator
- Kenneth Hensel, Business Applications Analyst
- Cindy Hricko, Manager
- Rose Ann Jubinski, Business Applications Analyst
- Jon Kessell, Application Developer/Integrator
- Alex Krist, Business Applications Analyst
- Ronald Passaro, Application Developer/Integrator
- Molly Piazza, Application Developer/Integrator
Database Management Servicesplus or minus
Services include Database Management, ERP Framework Management, and Identity & Access Management.
- Maureen Castaldi, Manager
- Carol Cornell, ERP Support Analyst
- Bob Klem, Database Support Analyst
- John Ochman, ERP Database Administrator
Systems Infrastructure Servicesplus or minus
Services include Enterprise Servers and Storage, Directory Services and Authentication, Virtualization and Cloud Technologies and Application Support.
- Lee DeAngelis, Senior Systems Administrator
- Phil Erb, Systems Administrator
- Tony Gazoo, Application Administrator
- Chris Krall, Manager
- Patrick Mullarkey, Application Administrator
- Dan Phillips, Systems Administrator
Network and Security Servicesplus or minus
Network Infrastructure; Security Infrastructure and Telecommunications.
- Ray Frey, Network Administrator
- Steve Gilbody, Network Administrator
- Calvin Krzywiec, Manager
- Tim Meade, Network Engineer
- Ikram Muhammad, Information Security Engineer
- Lisa Notarianni, Telecommunciations Engineer