Recruitment and Hiring
The University of Scranton seeks to attract individuals with exceptional knowledge, skills and experience who also recognize the importance of the University's mission, values and goals. We pride ourselves in being viewed as an employer of choice in Northeastern Pennsylvania. As a Catholic and Jesuit University we are animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus and those who share its way of proceeding. Support for our mission is an essential part of our hiring philosophy. We value a diverse workforce and welcome all to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, natural origin or status as an individual with a disability or a protected veteran. We work in partnership with the Office of the General Counsel and Equity and Diversity to ensure our recruitment strategies support equal employment opportunities.
The Human Resources staff provides guidance and support throughout the recruiting and hiring process to applicants, hiring managers, search committees and department heads.
Recruitment and hiring functions include:
- Posting staff and faculty positions on universityofscrantonjobs.com
- Screen and refer candidates for staff positions to hiring managers.
- Provide expertise throughout the recruitment and hiring process by assisting with the interview and selection process, calculating of salary offer, facilitating background checks, drafting of offer letter and coordination of new hire enrollments and onboarding.
- Conduct bi-annual new hire orientation program providing new employees the opportunity to learn more about the University, our rich history and the complexities of the collegial environment in which they work.
- Evaluate staffing needs in conjunction with department managers and divisional heads.
Time Away from Work
- Additional Benefits
- Elective Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Employee Notifications
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Employment and Employee Relations
- Learning and Development
- Contact Us
- Maps and Directions
- HR News & Events
- Compliance Corner
- Early Learning Center
Office of Human Resources
St. Thomas Hall, Suite 100
The University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4633
To Report Suspected Child Abuse:Call CHILDLINE: (800)-932-0313