United Way Campaign 2018
United Way National Raffle Form (to be returned to Human Resources, STT 100 by November 5, 2018 )
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
The University of Scranton works with the United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties as they promote the education, financial stability and health of every person in our community through our participation with these and other programs:
- As part of United Way’s ongoing commitment to improving health for our community’s older adults, the TIPS (Telehealth Intervention Program for seniors) program has been expanded. Trained student technicians from the University of Scranton help seniors self-manage chronic health conditions such as cardiovascular illnesses and COPD. Over the past year, 370 members of the active adult older community were served.
- During the past decade, the United Way of Lackawanna & Wayne Counties and the University of Scranton have worked to mobilize VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program. VITA provides free local, state and federal income tax preparation for low to moderate income wage earners. Last year 2,502 FREE tax returns were filed resulting in $830,090 in Earned Income Tax Credits and $2,700,894 in Federal refunds back in our community.
- The United Way’s Community Impact Fund is dedicated to ensuring lasting, collaborative solutions to the critical problems that stand between us and a better quality of life. Investment decisions are made through a rigorous process by a dedicated group of fund distribution volunteers which include representatives from the University of Scranton.
We are pleased to announce the start of The University of Scranton’s annual United Way fundraising campaign on Wednesday, October 3, 2018. You are all invited to learn more about United Way programs and services in the DeNaples Center from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
This year, we again ask you to join us in making the decision to donate to the United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties. Donation information, including convenient payroll deduction will be available on the my.scranton portal “Employee Tab” under “University Giving,” on the Office of Human Resources website at http://www.scranton.edu/hr/hr-news/united-way.shtml or by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (570) 941-7767.
Together, we can support the United Way as they fight for a quality education that leads to graduation, stable employment and steady, sufficient income to support a family’s financial stability while enjoying good physical and mental health, all with a solid safety net in times of crisis.
Thank you.Edward J. Steinmetz, CPA
Senior Vice President for Finance and AdministrationPatricia L. Tetreault, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
To learn more about the positive impact of United Way initiatives within our community, please follow the links below:
- United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties VITA Program
- United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties TIPS Program
- United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties Impact Fund
Alternative Work Schedule
Mission and Community Service Leave
Time Away from Work
- Additional Benefits
- Elective Benefits
- Alternative Work Schedule
- Employment and Employee Relations
- Contact Us
- Maps and Directions
- HR News & Events
- Compliance Corner
- Early Learning Center
Office of Human Resources
St. Thomas Hall, Suite 100
The University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4633
To Report Suspected Child Abuse:Call CHILDLINE: (800)-932-0313