United Way Campaign 2017
United Way National Raffle Form (to be returned to Human Resources, STT 100 by November 30, 2017 )
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Spirituality is at the core of our mission as a Catholic, Jesuit institution of higher learning. The chief characteristics embedded in the Ignatian vision include: the Ignatian concept of magis, or greatness; seeking God in all things; liberal education; service of faith and the promotion of justice; and contemplation in action.
The United Way is taking action by bringing people and community resources together to address the most pressing issues we face today. Through partnerships with public and private institutions, United Way is targeting the root causes of social issues to effect real and lasting change.
The United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties promotes the education, financial stability and health of every person in our community by fighting for:
- Education- for school readiness, academic achievement, quality out of school time and development of new skills and knowledge
- Financial Stability- for financial competency, workforce development, community benefits, family sustaining employment, income supports, saving and assets, manageable expenses, and affordable housing
- Health- for safe homes and healthy community, healthy eating and physical activity, development of healthy behaviors, and access to health care
We are pleased to announce the start of The University of Scranton’s United Way fundraising campaign on Wednesday, October 4, 2017. You are all invited to learn more about United Way programs and services in the DeNaples Center from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
This year, we again ask you to join us in making the decision to donate to the United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties. Donation information, including convenient payroll deduction will be available on the my.scranton portal “Employee Tab” under “University Giving,” on the Office of Human Resources website at http://www.scranton.edu/hr/hr-news/united-way.shtml or by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (570) 941-7767.
Together, we can help children and families throughout the region achieve their full potential and lead healthy, productive lives.
Thank you.Edward J. Steinmetz, CPA
Senior Vice President for Finance and AdministrationPatricia L. Tetreault, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
To learn more about the positive impact of United Way initiatives within our community, please follow the links below:
- United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties Impact Education
- United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties Impact Financial Stability
- United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties Impact Health
- United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties Impact Wayne County
Time Away from Work
- Additional Benefits
- Elective Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Employee Notifications
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Employment and Employee Relations
- Learning and Development
- Contact Us
- Maps and Directions
- HR News & Events
- Compliance Corner
- Early Learning Center
Office of Human Resources
St. Thomas Hall, Suite 100
The University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4633
To Report Suspected Child Abuse:Call CHILDLINE: (800)-932-0313