Sursum Corda Awards
2013 Sursum Corda Recipients - Royal News Article
Description of the Award
The Sursum Corda ("Lift Up Your Hearts") Award recognizes those members of the University's staff who have made outstanding contributions to the life and mission of the University.
- Each year, a Sursum Corda Award will be presented to three members of the University community:
- A member of the professional/paraprofessional staff;
- A member of the clerical/technical staff; and
- A member of the maintenance/public safety staff.
- In order to be eligible for the award, a person must:
- Have spent at least five years in University service;
- Be nominated by his/her cognizant vice president or by the Staff Senate
- Categories of Excellence:
The nominees for the Sursum Corda Awards should have distinguished themselves in one or more of the following ways:
- Shown exceptional dedication and/or creativity in the discharge of his or her duties;
- Built, contributed to or nurtured the sense of community that has always been the hallmark of our campus community;
- Contributed in a significant way to the Ignatian mission of the University.