ADA Rehabilitation Act (1974)
Sections 504 of the Rehabilitation Act:
"No otherwise qualified individual in the United States, shall solely by reason of his/her handicap, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."
(PL 93-112, 2973)
Section 504 defines a handicapped person as any individual who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.
- Role of the Office
- Title IX/Sexual Harassment/Sexual Misconduct
- Reporting Sexual Misconduct and Getting Support
- ScrantonCARE - Campus Awareness Response and Education
- Faculty Resources
- Laws & Policies
- Statement of Non-discrimination for Printed Materials
- Training Services
- Programs and Special Events
- Diversity Initiatives Grant Application