Student Development Officers
....leaders on campus making a difference
Like all institutions of higher learning, The University of Scranton relies on private philanthropy to meet the important priorities of higher education. Gifts to The Royal Fund at Scranton provide critical operating revenue that ensures an outstanding Scranton experience for students living and learning on this campus.
To help us meet our important goals, The University of Scranton's Student Development Officers contact alumni, parents and friends by phone to build and strengthen relationships, while inviting their support for The Royal Fund.
Student Development Officer Job Description
Student development officers are essential to the University's mission, to the success of The Royal Fund, and to maintaining relationships between alumni and the University. Officers contact thousands of alumni, parents and friends each year to ask for their support of Scranton. Students are the best ambassadors to talk about the student experience - because they're living it!
Officers speak with alumni, parents, and friends of Scranton about their experiences and update them with news of the University. They are expected to act professionally at all times while strengthening relationships between the University and its supporters. This position requires excellent communication skills, a problem-solving mentality, the ability to think on your feet in a fast-paced environment, and a genuine affinity for The University of Scranton. Working with the Student Development Officer team is a great opportunity to improve your communication, fundraising, and public relations skills for life after Scranton.
Program Manager, Angela Foster, together with a staff of about 40 students, provides an outstanding work environment. The University's students have the chance to develop their communication skills, add experience to their resume, support this important fundraising initiative at Scranton and meet new friends. Student Development Officers have opportunities to talk with alumni and parents, who are leaders in business, politics, law, sports and entertainment - areas of interest to many of our callers.
BE A PART OF OUR TEAM!
Paid Training - $10.00/hr. pay ($9.00/hr. bi-weekly pay with $1.00/hr. bonus opportunity payable semester end with completion of work.)
The Student Development Office is located in 508 O'Hara Hall, corner of Linden St. & Jefferson Ave.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must be able to speak the English Language in a very clear and understandable manner over the telephone.
- Strong work ethic and attendance record
- Demonstrate an ability to work well individually and in a team setting
- Flexible, dedicated, and results oriented
- Commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per week (7-8hrs)
- Serve as an ambassador by establishing an open and engaging line of communication between Scranton and its supporters
- Handle all forms of information with extreme confidentiality
- Keep informed about University campus events and news items
- Complete training session composed of an Orientation and Role Play session
- Build your resume: Develop strong public relations, fundraising, communication, and marketing skills.
- Competitive wages: Student Development Officers begin at $9.00/hr., with $1.00/hr. opportunity for semester-end bonus.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Network: Converse with alumni in various professions all across the United States. You never know who you might meet!
- Ideal work hours: evenings and weekends, with occasional day hours.
Great pay, prizes earned for meeting goals, snacks, beverages, and employee events throughout the semester!
Fill out Application and return to Angela Foster, O'Hara Hall Room 508 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on Apply Now for Application.
For more information on the application process or the Student Development Officer position, please contact Angela Foster at email@example.com, or by calling 570.941.6251.