Gateway to the Future & Beyond
Points of Pride
- For 20 consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges" guidebook has ranked the University among the 10 top master's universities in the North, the survey's largest and most competitive region. In the 2014 edition of "Best Colleges," Scranton placed 8th in the North. U.S. News also ranked the University among America’s “up and coming” school to watch. Scranton was among just 61 universities in the nation recognized for making “the most promising and innovative changes in area of academics, faculty, student life, campus or facilities.”
- The University's MBA program is among the top 15 in the nation for general management according to a national ranking of business schools published by Entrepreneur magazine and The Princeton Review.
- For the past 11 years, The Princeton Review has included Scranton among its “377 Best Colleges.” Outstanding academics is the primary criteria for inclusion in the book, which lists only about 15 percent of America’s 2,500 four-year colleges.
.The University of Scranton was included in three of The Princeton Review’s “Best 376 Colleges” rankings, including “Best Campus Food” (12) and “Most Religious Students (19).
- Scranton is one of only 100 colleges and universities in the nation to be named to Templeton Foundation’s Honor Roll of Character-Building Colleges.
- For five consecutive years, Scranton has ranked among the nation’s elite universities included in Forbes magazine’s online listing of “America’s Best Colleges.” The magazine ranked Scranton No. 293 among the 650 universities in the nation selected. The University is among 25 Jesuit institutions and 43 colleges in Pennsylvania to make the national ranking.