The Rev. John J. Long, S.J. Center
For more information, please see the Long Center in our digital collections.
Bellante and Clauss
Higher Education Facilities Act Grant
Beginning Construction Date:
Ending Construction Date:
November 26, 1967
Information Not Available
Named after Rev. John J. Long, S.J., past president of the University from 1953-1963, the building provided the University with its first indoor athletic facilities for basketball and other sports. The movable bleacher seats seat 4,500 people. The Long Center consists of of a three-level building with one full-size ground level and two lower levels, all with separate entrances and all following the natural slope of the Linden Street Hill.
"Fr. Long...Fifty Years Of Service." Aquinas, 1 Dec. 1967, p. 3
Homer, Frank. The University of Scranton. p. 117
"Phys Ed Building Almost Completed." Aquinas, 20 Sept. 1967, p. 11.