Information Update - Spring 2011
Students and Teachers Receive Rose Kelly Awards
- Students at The University of Scranton and their high school teachers who they credit for contributing to their success were recognized at the Rose Kelly Awards ceremony held recently on campus.
- The Rose Kelly Award was established by a University of Scranton alumnus, Joseph Wineburgh, Ph.D., to link the efforts of educators to the achievements of college students. The award is presented jointly to a student in each of The University of Scranton's colleges who has completed two years at Scranton and to the teacher whom he or she recognizes as having a great impact on his or her life. Students are selected based on exemplary achievement in both academics and general campus involvement.
- From the Kania School of Management, Ronald Woznock, Jr., Wilkes-Barre, nominated his teacher from E.L. Meyers High School, Kimberly Borland, Esq.
- From the Panuska College of Professional Studies, David Hopp, Jarrettsville, Md., nominated A.J. Rizzo, S.J., director of Christian Service at Loyola Blakefield.
- From the College of Arts and Sciences, William C. Woody, Bryn Mawr, nominated his teacher from St. Joseph's Preparatory School, Barbara A. Giuliano, Ed.D.