Information Update - Fall 1994
New ILL Cooperation Between Marywood And U. Of S.
The directors of Marywood's Learning Resources Center and the Weinberg Memorial Library, Mary Anne Federick and Charles Kratz, have signed an agreement for cooperative service in document delivery. > Full story
Library Participates In Computing/Information Literacy Course
Familiarity with the information superhighway and its vast holdings of data is increasingly vital if a person is to have a competitive edge in today's society. Bearing this in mind, provost Richard Passon, Ph.D., announced in his June 14, 1994, Memo to the President, Trustees, Faculty and Academic Administrators the formation of a required course (or competency) in computing and information literacy. The Computing Sciences Department, in cooperation with the faculty librarians, will be piloting a model of such a course. > Full story
- William Morris And The Kelmscott Press Exhibition
- The Friends of the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Memorial Library, the Department of Art and Music, and the University Art Gallery will host an exhibition on William Morris and the Kelmscott Press from Oct. 23 to Dec. 9. 1991. > Full story
- In Memory
- This past year one of the better known members of our Library staff passed away. Peter McHugh, who had been a library attendant since 1980, died Dec. 24, 1993. Library patrons will remember Pete at the exit gate, where he always had a cheerful word for anyone who would stop and talk. Pete was from the old school and took his job seriously; he worked his last shift the day before he died. He was a history fan, and in his memory the Library has purchased the book by Robert Utley, The Lance and the Shield: The Life and Times of Sitting Bull.
- Royal Card Access To The Pro Deo Room
- The first floor Pro Deo et Universitate Room is open for the campus 24 hours a day when classes are in session. > Full story
- Core Undergraduate Collection Development Project Update
- The first year of the five-year project for development of the core undergraduate book collection has drawn to a close. To date, 4,710 books have been received. For details on plans for the second year of the project, see the Spring 1994 issue of the Weinberg Memorial Library Information Update.
- From The Library Director
- Staff Events
- The Northeast Chapter of the Pennsylvania Library Association and the Northeast Pennsylvania Bibliographic Center jointly sponsored a one-day workshop on May 18 at King's College. > Full story
- Staff Changes