Accessing Licensed Streaming Media
Click here to Play Video
Streaming media are compressed audio and video files that allow the viewer to listen or watch media in real time. Content includes movies, sound recordings, documentaries, and film clips. Streaming media is usually delivered over the Internet to a personal computer or handheld device.
The University of Scranton licensees but does not own the Streaming Media. Authorized Users may not copy, transmit, modify, distribute, sell, or create derivative works from the Licensed Materials except as expressly permitted under applicable law.
Permitted Uses of Licensed Materials
Media is licensed solely to The University of Scranton and Authorized Users for classroom teaching, research, presentations, and educational non-commerical multimedia projects for use in educational institutions, provided no admission or other fees are charged for public viewing.
Prohibited Uses of Licensed Materials
Neither The University of Scranton nor Authorized Users may (1) mount or distribute any part of media on any Electronic network accessible to parties who are not Authorized Users, including without limitation to the Internet and the World Wide Web; (2) use all or any part of the media for Commericial use or; (3) copy, transmit, modify, distribute, sell, or create derivative works from the Licensed Materials except as expressly under applicable law.
There are Two Ways to Access Licensed Streaming Media!
- Search the Library's Catalog.
- Go directly to the Streaming Media page.
To Search Through the Catalog:
- Go to the my.scranton Homepage and log in.
- Click on the Library tab at the top of the page.
Under Library Catalog Search type in the keywords or title you are researching for example "Place of Our Own". By placing words in quotation marks you are searching as a phrase.
- Click on the title from the results
- Notice the movie reel icon. This indicates it's a video.
- To connect to a video click on "Click here to connect to this video."
To Search from the Streaming Media Page:
- Go to the MY.SCRANTON Homepage and log in.
- Click on the Library tab.
- In the Library Resources Nugget (on the upper left side of the screen), click on Media Edlab Resources Center.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see Streaming Media.
- Click on the Streaming Media Link.
References & Links
Internet Movie Database - A comprehensive movie resource.
Allmovie Guide - A movie informational guide.
Foreign Films - A guide to foreign movies.
Steaming Media - contains links to licensed and free streaming video sites.